- Born in Lumino, South of Switzerland, the 19th of October 1958.
- Electronic engineer diploma, Applied University HEIG in December 1980.
- Electronic engineer REG A (ETH equivalence) in December 1991.
- Postgraduate in computer science: "Scientific Visualization and Simulation", EPFL 1991.
- Postgraduate in computer science: "Biological and Artificial neural network", EPFL 1992.
- Postgraduate in computer science: "New approaches in Data Bases", EPFL 1993.
- Postgraduate certificate in computer science, EPFL 1993.
INDUSTRIAL AND TEACHING ACTIVITIES
- Electronic engineer in R&D at PANEL/GARDY, Préverenges, 1980 to 1986.
- Electronic engineer in R&D at HERMES/OLIVETTI, Yverdon-les-Bains, 1986.
- Electronic engineer in R&D at COSTRONIC, Préverenges, 1986 to 1989.
- Electronic engineer in R&D and teaching assistant at the LAMI-EPFL, Lausanne, 1989 to 1997.
- Part time teaching for an electronic analogue practical course at HEIG Yverdon-les-Bains, 1994 to 1998.
- Consulting for different industries for the design of DSP and 32-bit micro-controller industrial boards.
- Co-founder of the start-up K-Team S.A., Préverenges, 1995.
- Part time technical manager at the K-Team, Préverenges 1995 to 1998.
- Since 1997: employed at the CSEM: Current position: Section Head of the Vision Embedded Systems activity.
- French, Italian, English.
FIELD OF INTEREST & MAIN REALIZATIONS
- Real-time µKernels.
- Neural network applications.
- OCR technology.
- Digital and analog hardware design.
- Designer of the architecture, the hardware & the software of the mobile robots Khepera and Koala.